Sunday 21 December 2008

Christmas wishes

I would like to take this opportunity to send best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. I would also like to apologise for the lack of postings here in the last few months. This has mainly been due to pressure of work leaving not enough time.

However that does not mean that work on the Daglish One-Name Study has stopped. On the contrary this has continued throughout the year.

I am still working on building the trees for Daglish families around the World, with the focus on trying to go further back to find connections. This inevitably leads to variations with the spelling of the name.

During a recent trip to South Shields, I found a gravestone for the Dagleas family in Westoe Cemetery, for John Dagleas, his wife Isabella Taylor and family. The name Dagleas shares its roots with the name Daglish, and I have now added this into my One-Name Study.

The Daglish DNA Project continues. Although we have not had many new members this year, we have had one very interesting result. This is from a living descendant of Henry Daglish, the Premier of Western Australia. This new result matches our core group of Daglish results, providing more useful information to the study. The cost of DNA testing appears to be coming down, so I hope we can recruit some more members next year.

During the year several people have left comments under stories on the blog. There are some that I would very much like to contact for more information, but unfortunately this is not possible through the comments section. I would particularly like to hear from Derek and Phil if possible please.

If you do have any connections with the Daglish name or information and stories, please do e-mail me - you can do this through my Profile page on this blog, or go to the Daglish One-Name Study site.

No comments: